Chronic Dry Eye Syndrome is More than Just Dry Eyes.
It is a condition that can include many symptoms that cause discomfort, impair vision and limit your ability to go about your daily life including:
- Watery Eyes
- Light Sensitivity
- Feeling Like Something is in your Eye
- Sandy or Gritty Feeling
- Blurred Vision
- Difficulty Seeing at Night
- Discomfort Wearing Contact Lenses
Our Ft. Myers Dry Eye Specialists Can Help!
Our optometrist specializes in diagnosing and treating chronic dry eye syndrome. We will assess your condition to determine the cause of your dry or burning eyes and then find the best solution to relieve your symptoms and restore comfort to your precious eyes.
Based on your condition and the possible causes, our treatment may involve one of the following courses of action:
- Finding the right brand and formulation of artificial tears or prescription eye drops.
- Prescribing Steroid Eye Drops, Antibiotics or Lubricant Inserts.
- Inserting Punctal Plugs—to plug the tear drainage ducts and keep the tear film intact on the surface of eye.
- Warm compress therapy and meibomian gland expression, an in-office procedure that opensblocked meibomian glands which produce essential oils to lubricate the eyes.
- Medication adjustments.
- Adjusting your contact lens prescription or reducing wear during treatment.
Seeing is Vital to the Quality of Your Life
Eyes are important indicators of overall health, and comprehensive eye care goes beyond a prescription for glasses or contact lenses. At Dr. Sills and Associates, we take the time to get to know you, your eye care history, and your vision needs. Our optometrists provide the expert care, advice, options, and follow up you need whether you are a new patient or an existing one.
Find Our Fort Myers Dry Eye Center
Call Now to Book Your Dry Eye Exam
Monday – Saturday, from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
*Open at 9:00 on Monday and by appointment on Sunday.
14821 Ben C Pratt / 6 Mile Cypress Pkwy; Fort Myers, FL 33912
We’re located inside the Walmart Vision Center off US 41.